Dried Chinese Day Lily Buds | Huang Hua Cai (100g)
Regular priceSale price
Unit price/ per
Day Lily (Huang Hua Cai) plants are a common sight in your garden that blossom mostly between late Spring and mid-Summer. The flowers are delicate and trumpet shaped.
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), they are dried and later used in teas, soups and hot dishes. Day Lilies (Huang Hua Cai) are usually available in dried form rather than fresh, as fresh ones can be toxic if not cooked properly or soaked in water beforehand.
The dried golden buds of the Day Lily are 2 to 3 inches long and have a delicate, musky-sweet flavour.
Benefits may include:
- May help with insomnia
- Can help stop bleeding
- May help soothe nerves
- Can be used to help hoarse voice
Prescriptions & Usage
For bleeding problems (nosebleed, coughing blood or urinary bleeding):
• Cook soup with 30g dried daylily and 30g fresh bai mao gen (cogongrass rhizome).
• Drink often as tea.
• Cook soup with 30g dried daylily and 30g he huan hua (silk tree flower). Keep boiling for 30 minutes and filter the soup.
• Add honey, cook 2-5 minutes. Drink before sleeping.
For Hoarse Voice:
• Cook 30g dried day lily with 400ml water. Add 30g honey.
• Drink one-third at a time slowly over the day.
Vita Herbal Nutrition
All our products are grown without the use of pesticides or sulphur. They are grown at the place of origin, harvested at the correct time – according to classical methods to ensure originality.
We want everyone to benefit from our nutritional products which are all 100% natural and inspired by Chinese herbal remedies to promote good health.
Our products have been expertly chosen for you to help you look and feel better – in a natural and effective way.