Dried Finger Citron Fruit | Buddha's Hand | Fo Shou (500g)
Regular priceSale price
Unit price/ per
Dried Finger Citron Fruit / Buddha's Hand (Fo Shou) is a golden fruit shaped like the hand of Buddha is not only an eye-catching decoration, but also a health-benefiting fruit.
The best variety of this fruit is said to be grown in Jinhua, Zhejiang Province. There is a story behind this fruit, whereby the herb was given to a good son by a beautiful fairy maiden. The boy's mother suffered from chest pressure, and one night he dreamt a fairy on Jinhua Mountain gave him a hand-like fruit, the scent of which cured her.
In the Western world, the Buddha’s Hand is primarily prized for its thick, intensely aromatic peel. With little to no flesh or juice, the peel is definitely the star of the show. Slice through one of the Buddha’s Hand fingers, or split it down the middle, and you’ll see exactly why people love this fruit.
Benefits may include:
- Can help harmonise the stomach
- May assist to strengthen the spleen
- May help transform phlegm
- Can be useful for unrelenting cough with chest pain
Budda's Hand Marmalade
1 Dried Buddha's Hand
3 cups sugar
4 cups water
1) Thoroughly wash the Buddha’s Hand and Meyer lemons with cold water. Dry and set them to one site.
2) Cut the Buddha's Hand into quarters, removing the stem and any visible seeds.
3) Thinly slice the lemons, flesh and rind, then place in a bowl.
4) Add the sliced Buddha's Hand, lemon peel, pulp, juice, sugar and water into a stirring pot.
5) Boil over a medium-high heat initially, then reduce the heat to a low, steady boil and simmer for between 45 - 60 minutes. Stir as the liquid starts to reduce and thicken.
6) Simmer until the boil reaches 220 degrees / liquid becomes very thick. When the marmalade coats a spoon without running, it is ready!
Vita Herbal Nutrition
All our products are grown without the use of pesticides or sulphur. They are grown at the place of origin, harvested at the correct time – according to classical methods to ensure originality.
We want everyone to benefit from our nutritional products which are all 100% natural and inspired by Chinese herbal remedies to promote good health.
Our products have been expertly chosen for you to help you look and feel better – in a natural and effective way.