Soya Beans are a species of legume native to East Asia, widely grown for their numerous uses. The soybean plant is native to China, where it has been cultivated for over 13,000 years. The Chinese regard it as a necessity of life.
They come in a variety of colours such as green, yellow and black. The texture is so adaptable that the beans are frequently processed into a variety of foods.
Benefits may include:
- Extremely high in protein, vitamins, minerals and fibre
- Great substitute for milk in infant feeding formulas due to calcium content
- May help develop strong bones and teeth as an alternative to cow's milk
- Can assist as a vital nutrient for the brain
- May assist memory loss
- Can help moisturise the skin, reduce the visible signs of ageing, strengthen nails and make hair smooth, soft and shiny
Soya beans are high in protein and are used as a vegetarians and lactose alternative.
They are the basis of soya milk, tofu, miso and lots of other foods. The beans are high in vitamins, minerals and fibre. The beans are consumed in lots of ways - roasted, sprinkled with salt and boiled.
Soya beans are also known as Edamame beans in China and Japan. Soybeans are so adaptable that they can be eaten with meat, fish or a vegetarian substitute.
A 100g serving of soya beans contains: 173 calories, 17g protein, 1g fat, 10g carbohydrate and 6g fibre.
Vita Herbal Nutrition
All our products are grown without the use of pesticides or sulphur. They are grown at the place of origin, harvested at the correct time – according to classical methods to ensure originality.
We want everyone to benefit from our nutritional products which are all 100% natural and inspired by Chinese herbal remedies to promote good health.
Our products have been expertly chosen for you to help you look and feel better – in a natural and effective way.