Dried Chinese Knotweed | Fallopia Multiflora | He Shou Wu Zhi (500g)
Regular priceSale price
Unit price/ per
Dried Chinese Knotweed / Fallopia Multiflora (He Shou Wu (Zhi) is a climbing plant native to China. It is also grown in Taiwan and Japan. It is also known as Chinese Knotweed and Fo-Ti. The plant itself is a type of vine and once harvested, the leaves, roots and tubers are separated and combined with other ingredients to create medicinal remedies.
He Shou Wu Zhi is a PaoZhi processed herb so it is more effective at reducing toxic and purgative effects and strengthening the function of nourishing Yin in the Kidneys.
Benefits may include:
- May help stabilise blood cholesterol levels
- Can assist with memory loss
- May help tonify the blood, liver and kidneys
- Can be used to help constipation, sores, abscesses and chronic malaria
Knotweed Curry - Serves 2
2 lamb shoulder chops, seasoned with salt and pepper 1 Tbsp butter 1 Tbsp very finely chopped lemon grass heart 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced 1 small piece of ginger, sliced then chopped finely 3 cups Japanese knotweed shoots (or tips), chopped roughly 2 Tbsp (plus 1 extra) fish sauce 1 cup coconut milk 1 tsp dried, hot chilies Water
1) Brown the seasoned lamb chops on each side in butter, then remove from heat
2) Sauté the garlic and lemon grass over a medium heat for a couple of minutes (do not brown)
3) When fragrant, add the salt and ginger
4) Return the chops to the pan and add knotweed on top
5) Add 2 tbsps of fish sauce, coconut milk, chillies and water to cover
6) Bring the liquid to a brief boil and simmer until the sauce has reduced to creamy around the meat (2hr 15 mins)
7) Once the time is up, remove from heat and add additional salt / fish sauce to taste liking.
Vita Herbal Nutrition
All our products are grown without the use of pesticides or sulphur. They are grown at the place of origin, harvested at the correct time – according to classical methods to ensure originality.
We want everyone to benefit from our nutritional products which are all 100% natural and inspired by Chinese herbal remedies to promote good health.
Our products have been expertly chosen for you to help you look and feel better – in a natural and effective way.