Dried Codonoposis Root (Dang Shen) has many other names such as 'poor man's Ginseng' as it a cheaper alternative. The root is commonly used in Chinese herbal medicine. The roots are viewed as an effective and more affordable substitute for ginseng, hence the name 'poor man's ginseng'.
Just like ginseng, Codonoposis Root is collected from the wild so is considered more powerful than those that are cultivated. Roots of high quality have a sweet flavour considered too poor quality roots which have little taste and are considered to be less value for medicinal purposes.
Benefits may include:
- May help with weakness, fatigue, poor appetite and anaemia
- Can assist with diarrhoea, vomiting, flatulence and excessive stomach acid
- May help digestion through the stomach
- Can help treat headaches, chronic coughs and shortness of breath
- May contain blood building properties
- Can assist to reduce chronic fatigue syndrome
- Rich in immune-enhancing polysaccharides
- Can help improve the immune system
- May help combat the adverse effects of radiation therapy
In China, the herb is regarded as both a food and medicine. It is often ground into flour, boiled with rice, added to soups and used as an ingredient in nourishing teas.
The Codonoposis Root can be used in teas or savoury dishes with rice.
It may be the underdog, but the Codonopsis Root is not one to be overlooked!
Vita Herbal Nutrition
All our products are grown without the use of pesticides or sulphur. They are grown at the place of origin, harvested at the correct time – according to classical methods to ensure originality.
We want everyone to benefit from our nutritional products which are all 100% natural and inspired by Chinese herbal remedies to promote good health.
Our products have been expertly chosen for you to help you look and feel better – in a natural and effective way.