Dried Coix Seeds | Job's Tears | Yi Yi Ren | Chinese Pearl Barley (500g)
Regular priceSale price
Unit price/ per
Dried Coix Seeds (Job's Tears, Yi Yi Ren or Chinese Pearl Barley), are one of the most popular food herbs used in China, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Malaysia. They are a type of branched grass with broad leaves. They are shaped like tears and come in purple, white, brown and yellow. Like most grains, coix seeds are rich in nutrients and may provide many health benefits.
Benefits may include:
- May help arthritis, high cholesterol, hayfever and joint pains
- Rich in fibre, vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids
- Can be used as a therapeutic herbal remedy
- High levels of essential fatty acids
- May alleviate digestion problems, abdominal bleeding, constipation and diarrhoea
- Can encourage the passage of water in the body to help water retention
- In boiled tea, the seeds may be beneficial for curing warts
- Can help improve heart health
- May benefit skin care
Pearl Barley Ideas & Uses
Dried Coix is commonly used as a therapeutic herbal remedy. It can also be used in cooking. The seeds are sweet and mild in flavour.
Boiled coix seeds can be used to make a tea which is can be beneficial in curing warts. The tea may also help nourish and moisturise the skin. Top Tip: The seeds can be ground with honey to make a smooth paste which can be used to treat problem areas on the skin, such as redness and blemishes.
Job's tears are easy to incorporate into foods. They can be mixed with rice, wild yam and other herbs to make a medical porridge.
Dried Coix Seeds are also used in some cultures as beads to make jewellery. The seeds have hard shells which can be polished easily. They also have a hole in the centre which makes them ideal for beading purposes.
Vita Herbal Nutrition
All our products are grown without the use of pesticides or sulphur. They are grown at the place of origin, harvested at the correct time – according to classical methods to ensure originality.
We want everyone to benefit from our nutritional products which are all 100% natural and inspired by Chinese herbal remedies to promote good health.
Our products have been expertly chosen for you to help you look and feel better – in a natural and effective way.