Dried Liquorice Root (Gan Cao) has been used by the Chinese as a 'guide drug'. It has been used with other herbs to enhance their effects and essentially guide the other herbs to how they should be the most beneficial. This concept highlights why Dried Liquorice Root is one of the most popular herbs in Chinese medicine.
It is found growing in Europe, the Mediterranean and Asia, and it's been used for thousands of years and dozens of purposes.
Benefits may include:
- May help soothe your stomach and cleanse the respiratory system
- Can assist with heartburn and acid reflux
- May act as an anti-inflammatory and soothing herb
- Can help regulate the stress hormone
- May help treat sexually transmitted diseases
- Can assist in expelling mucus and bring relief for sore throats
- May assist and reduce the duration of hot flushes during menopause
- Can help have a positive effect on cramps, both abdominally and in the muscles
- May help relieve eczema discomfort and joint pain
Dried Liquorice Root (Gan Cao), or sweet root, is used mostly as a sweetener food and drink. People have also used licorice root for centuries for its medicinal benefits. Gan Cao works best in tea. Click here for recipe ideas.
Liquorice is used in food and drink for its distinctive taste. Dried Liquorice Root (Gan Cao) has very different strength.
Vita Herbal Nutrition
All our products are grown without the use of pesticides or sulphur. They are grown at the place of origin, harvested at the correct time – according to classical methods to ensure originality.
We want everyone to benefit from our nutritional products which are all 100% natural and inspired by Chinese herbal remedies to promote good health.
Our products have been expertly chosen for you to help you look and feel better – in a natural and effective way.