Dried Lotus Seeds (Bai Lian Zi) are used predominantly in Chinese and Japanese cuisine. The seeds are harvested when the seed head is still green, but the seeds within are almost fully developed. The bitter germ is then removed, with the seeds being shelled and de-membraned.
Benefits may include:
- Contains protein, calcium, zinc, iron and potassium
- May improve a sluggish appetite
- Can improve brain function and memory
- May assist prevention of senile dementia
- Low in sugar and saturated fat
- Can help with anti-ageing
- May act as an anti-inflammatory and reduce blood pressure
- Can help benefit the kidneys
- May assist insomnia
- Can help treat urinary problems
- May help reduce heart disease
- Can assist weight loss
Dried Lotus Seeds (Bai Lian Zi) are edible seeds that can be eaten raw or cooked. They are valued for their nutritional and healing properties and are used in many recipes as well as herbal formulas.
They are harvested and dried in the sun. The seeds have a hard and rough texture and must be soaked in water overnight. They can be added to various dishes, such as soup but remember to remove the shell.
One of the most common uses of lotus seeds is a paste which is used in Chinese pastries.
Vita Herbal Nutrition
All our products are grown without the use of pesticides or sulphur. They are grown at the place of origin, harvested at the correct time – according to classical methods to ensure originality.
We want everyone to benefit from our nutritional products which are all 100% natural and inspired by Chinese herbal remedies to promote good health.
Our products have been expertly chosen for you to help you look and feel better – in a natural and effective way.