Hyacinth Bean, also known as Bai Bian Dou or Lablab purpureus, is the seed of the fragrant hyacinth plant. It has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for centuries in cooking for its taste and health benefits.
They are white in colour, with a hard texture and a slight odour. The seeds are usually dried and baked.
Benefits may include:
- Can help treat vomiting, nausea, diarrhoea and fever
- May assist the treatment of lethargy and fatigue
- Can help remove toxins from the body, especially treating alcohol and food poisoning
- May help treating eczema
- May assist with skin health
- Can help treat Cholera
- May assist with healing of sore throats and snake bites
- Can aid sexually transmitted diseases
- May aid digestion and control cholesterol levels
The Hyacinth beans are also known as Indian Beans, Calavance and Egyptian beans around the globe. Hyacinth bean plants are also planted as ornamental plants in some areas.
The hyacinth bean is used in curries, for adding flavour to rice dishes, especially used for preparing dishes like Akki Rotti in India. In some places, the flowers are also consumed directly.
Vita Herbal Nutrition
All our products are grown without the use of pesticides or sulphur. They are grown at the place of origin, harvested at the correct time – according to classical methods to ensure originality.
We want everyone to benefit from our nutritional products which are all 100% natural and inspired by Chinese herbal remedies to promote good health.
Our products have been expertly chosen for you to help you look and feel better – in a natural and effective way.