Dried Longan Fruit (Long Yan Rou) is a firm favourite throughout Asia for being deliciously sweet and juicy - quite similar to grapes! In southern Asia, Longan grows in abundance due to the tropical climate and sandy soil. They are related to other exquisite stoned fruits such as lychees and rambutans - each having inedible shells which encase an indulgent sweet fruit.
Longan translates to 'dragon eyes', and was named this because the black stone is visible through the translucent fruit, resembling the eye of a dragon.
Benefits may include:
- May help treat women's blood deficiency
- Very low in calories
- High in Vitamins B (B2) and C
- May help the repair of skin tissue
- Can help overall skin health with anti-aging effects
- May assist controlling blood pressure levels
- Can promote cardiovascular health
- Great source of fibre, may help digestion, bloating, constipation and cramps
- Can assist metabolism and energy production
Although this fruit is enjoyed as a sweet treat, it also has a lot of health benefits and it is widely used in Chinese herbal medicine. However, it's also high in fructose so be sure to not get carried away when enjoying dragon eyes!
Our Longan fruit are pitted and have been sundried. They can be re-hydrated and used in Chinese soups, sweet desserts and in sweet herbal teas.
Vita Herbal Nutrition
All our products are grown without the use of pesticides or sulphur. They are grown at the place of origin, harvested at the correct time – according to classical methods to ensure originality.
We want everyone to benefit from our nutritional products which are all 100% natural and inspired by Chinese herbal remedies to promote good health.
Our products have been expertly chosen for you to help you look and feel better – in a natural and effective way.