Dried Adzuki Beans | Chi Xiao Dou / Hong Dou (500g)
Regular priceSale price
Unit price/ per
Dried Adzuki Beans (Chi Xiao Dou / Hong Dou), also known as Red Beans, are a great source of essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals. The bean is native to East Asia and is commonly eaten in Japan, China and other Asian nations. The Dried Adzuki Beans belong to the 'draining dampness' category.
These beans are neutral in nature, meaning these don't typically affect the balance in your body. Dried Adzuki Beans are sour and sweet in taste and have an array of health benefits to human health.
Benefits may include:
- One of the most high-antioxidant foods around
- May help benefit weight loss
- Can aid digestion and helping the body detoxify
- May assist with growth and repair of body cells
- Can boost bone health
- May help to prevent and manage blood sugar levels
- Can help maintain a health heart and lower the chances of developing atherosclerosis and prevent osteoporosis
- May assist in preventing birth defects
- Great source of essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals
These Dried Adzuki Beans are tiny, reddish-brown beans with a cream coloured seam and sweet, nutty flavour. They are particularly popular in Asian cooking, most often used for sweet dishes including soups, desserts and as a dim sum filling.
In Japan and China, Dried Adzuki beans are often cooked and puréed to make a chocolate'y paste which is used to fill cakes and desserts. Their small size lets them cook quicker than other beans.
Vita Herbal Nutrition
All our products are grown without the use of pesticides or sulphur. They are grown at the place of origin, harvested at the correct time – according to classical methods to ensure originality.
We want everyone to benefit from our nutritional products which are all 100% natural and inspired by Chinese herbal remedies to promote good health.
Our products have been expertly chosen for you to help you look and feel better – in a natural and effective way.