Dried Papaya (Chinese Quince Fruit / Mu Gua) has a slightly sour taste, unlike the sweeter fresh papaya.
Benefits may include:
- May help with high cholesterol and poor digestion
- Can assist with clearing bowels
- May be used to moisturise the skin
- Can help provide energy to the body if feeling lethargic
- Rich in calories, may assist with weight gain
- Great source of fibre, may assist to keep cholesterol under control
- Can help enhance blood circulation
- Contains several vitamins, such as A & B-complex which may improve vision
- Full of calcium, potassium, iron and manganese
The dried papaya is a great source of fibre and has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for centuries. It can be eaten raw, ripe and dried.
The fruit is sweeter when ripe but slightly sourer when dried but makes a great chewy snack.
You can also make facemasks with the fruit as it may help moisturise your skin, making it feel healthy.
Dried papaya also works well in baked food like bread, cookies or muffins (recipes coming soon)!
Vita Herbal Nutrition
All our products are grown without the use of pesticides or sulphur. They are grown at the place of origin, harvested at the correct time – according to classical methods to ensure originality.
We want everyone to benefit from our nutritional products which are all 100% natural and inspired by Chinese herbal remedies to promote good health.
Our products have been expertly chosen for you to help you look and feel better – in a natural and effective way.