Dried Sichuan Peppercorns (Hua Jiao) pack a punch with their spicy and citrus taste.
As well as being an important addition to Asian cooking for their taste, the peppercorns are also full of goodness.
Benefits may include:
- Contain high levels of iron which may help oxygenate your red blood cells
- Can assist with suppressing discomfort or pain
- High levels of zinc which may help boost the immune system
- Can help speed up the metabolism
- May have anti-inflammatory effects
- Can help prevent cramping, bloating, constipation and gastric ulcers
- May assist with lowering blood pressure and prevention of blood clots
- Can assist with vision and keep the retina healthy
Dried Sichuan Peppercorns have been used by many years in Asia for cooking, but also for medical reasons. Sichuan pepper contains many different minerals, antioxidants and nutrients that the body requires to properly function.
They are used widely in Indian, Chinese and Thai cuisine and are one of the ingredients in Chinese Five Spice. The pepper is also closely related to citrus fruits, hence the spicy and citrus taste.
Vita Herbal Nutrition
All our products are grown without the use of pesticides or sulphur. They are grown at the place of origin, harvested at the correct time – according to classical methods to ensure originality.
We want everyone to benefit from our nutritional products which are all 100% natural and inspired by Chinese herbal remedies to promote good health.
Our products have been expertly chosen for you to help you look and feel better – in a natural and effective way.