With the UK set for a scorcher of a Saturday, Brits up and down the country are already scanning out the best fields to lay out a feast, in anticipation of International Picnic Day 2022 (June 18th).
Due to their versatility, Chinese herbs make for a fantastic ingredient to enhance even the simplest of snacks. From a 'shroom salad to berry brownies, it's super easy to use herbal ingredients in your picnic planning ideas.
So, we've created some personas to ensure that everyone has a herbal-inspired snack that is right up their street...
Simple Snacks - David
People like David love snacks in its simplest form. No nonsense. Just wants a quick food fix and to go back to playing football with the kids. Minimal effort required is the way to his heart. So here are our best herb snacks for Davids to snack on with a smile...
- Dried Coix Seeds 薏苡仁 (Job's Tears/Yi Yi Ren/Chinese Pearl Barley) | (100g)
- Dried Goji Berries 枸杞子 (Gou Qi Zi/Wolf Berries) | (100g)
- Dried Hawthorn Berries 山楂 (Shan Zha) | (100g)
- Dried Orange Peel 陈皮 (Chen Pi) | (100g)
- Dried Papaya 木瓜 (Mu Gua) | (500g)
- Green Mung Beans 绿豆 (Lu Dou) | (100g)
Once you've got David grazing on his handful of herbal snacks, he'll be kept content for the rest of your picnic afternoon!
Lovely & Leafy - Susan
Susan's a salad fanatic - anything she sees fit in that bowl she'll find a way to include it. Bright and vibrant taste and colour. Enjoys every bite to maximise the experience. Friends and family at the picnic is the perfect company. So here are our best herbs to include in leafy salads for Susan...
- Black Sesame Seeds 黑芝麻 (Hei Zhi Ma) | (100g)
- Dried Wood Ear Mushroom 黑木耳 (Mu Er) | (50g) [COOKED]
- Dried Jujube Dates 红枣 (Pitted & Sliced) (Hong Zao) | (100g) [REHYDRATED]
- Dried Red Adzuki Beans 红豆 (Chi Xiao Dou) | (500g)
- Soya Beans 黄豆 (Huang Dou) | (100g) [COOKED]
With the colours of the rainbow illuminating from Susan's salad dish, she'll become a ray of sunshine herself after consuming all that herbal goodness!
Delightful Desserts - Maya
Comes for the picnic, stays for dessert. A sweet treat is Maya's 'icing on the cake' for any family get-together. So here are our best herbs to give that extra tang to Maya's desserts...
- Big Jujube Dates 大红枣 (Da Hong Zao) | (1kg) [PANCAKES]
- Dried Goji Berries 枸杞子 (Gou Qi Zi/Wolf Berries) | (100g) [BROWNIES]
- Dried Longan Fruit 龙眼肉 (Long Yan Rou) | (100g) [CHEESECAKE]
- Dried Raspberry Fruit 覆盆子 (Fu Pen Zi) | (500g) [REHYDRATED FOR SMOOTHIES]
Once Maya's had her fair share of herbal juiciness, she'll be sweetness and light for the rest of your picnic afternoon!
Superb Sandwiches - Robert
If any ingredients can find their way into two pieces of crusty bread, Robert's always ready to spring into action. Sandwiches to rival meal deals, a combination of strong flavours, Robert's palette is a well-trained art at the family picnic. So here are our best herb sandwich fillers to test his tastebuds...
- Black Soybeans 黑豆 (Douchi/Hei Dou) | (100g) [SOY SAUCE CHICKEN]
- Dried Apricot Seeds 杏仁 (Xing Ren) | (500g) [BREAD]
- Dried Black Plum 乌梅 (Wu Mei) | (100g) [RELISH]
- Big Jujube Dates | Da Hong Zao | Chinese Culinary Herbs – Vita Herbal Nutrition [JELLY JAM SAUCE]
If you manage to satisfy Robert's healthy appetite, you've rounded out off a spectacular herb-inspired picnic in style!
Now that you've got some great herb ideas to enhance the family's food choices, enjoy International Picnic Day 2022 in the glorious sunshine!
Shop DaoDi Culinary Herbs Here
For any further queries regarding our culinary herb range or any of our products, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help.